DateTime verification

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Hi,

I don't know if you already try to fix it but when I change system DateTime your system is not working.

So,
I have a limited time licence expire on 04/07/2013 created on 03/07/2013 (one day).
If I put system date to 01/04 licence is valid for three day.

Is it solvable ?

Regards
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Hi emnbdx,

Thank you for contacting me! In order to solve this, I have quoted my answer to another person from: https://skgl.codeplex.com/workitem/1359
It depends in what way the date on the computer is changed. If the user changes the time, so that it is before the creation date, the trial will actually increase. This can actually be avoided, by adding another if statement when validating: IF SetTime >= TimeLeft THEN the key is valid. This step will allow you to restrict the user from using the the application before the trial has started!

Although this will make it harder to roll back the time, people who really want to use your software more than you have specified will simply set their time to the key creation date of the key. Therefore, it is really good to use "feature locking" to limit the program from doing things, which should only be available for those who have paid for it.

Finally, I would recommend you, to make the software check the date on your server, because that cannot be changed so easily! :). Otherwise, you might want to try the example provided in the beginning of the comment!
The link to the code snippet is: http://skgl.codeplex.com/documentation#security
Below, the code snippet:
        Dim validator As New SKGL.Validate ' declaring
        validator.Key = "MIOYP-LXCBM-IMSZR-BUJMU" ' assing the key

'----validation process
        If validator.IsValid And Not validator.IsExpired And validator.SetTime >= validator.DaysLeft Then
            '.... (the license is valid, not expired, may only be used after the creation date)
        End If
I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Artem L.
Jul 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Hi artemlos,

Thanks for your answer.
I'm sorry I use search before asking but I dont' find anything about date...

I will use our code snippet in first time!

Regards,
Eddy